An order has been placed. Before you can register the shipment with the carrier and print the label, you need to create a shipment in Magento. This can be done in two ways: single order shipment & bulk order shipments.
Ship single order
Single order → go to sales > orders and open an order. Via the ‘ship’ function at the top right a shipment can be created. At the shipment you can edit the shipping information.
- Booking Profile | In the transport profile you will find the shipping method that your customer has selected in the checkout. If you have configured several carrier profiles, you can change them here by clicking on the arrow next to the drop-down menu. Caution: This is only possible for delivery options. It is not possible to change a pick-up option because your customer can no longer determine what the pick-up location is. Changing a carrier profile affects the transport costs that you have charged your customer. Because the order in Magento has already been created, the transport costs will no longer be changed. If you do want to do this, you must cancel the order and create a completely new one.
- Cost Centre | This field represents a Transsmart specific setting for steerage of your transport settings. Usually this is empty, unless you have made specific agreements about it. If you have configured multiple cost centres, you can select a different cost centre here.
- Email type | Optionally, Transsmart will set up an e-mail notification process for you with a Track & Trace information about the shipment (if you do not use the standard Magento e- mail flow, or in addition with separate status information). A separate e-mail type has been defined per template in the settings. If you have configured multiple e-mail notifications, you can select a different e-mail type here.
- Incoterm | With an incoterm you determine the sales conditions with regard to responsibility for the goods and payment of transport costs during the process. If you have configured multiple incoterms, you can select a different incoterm here.
- Package Information | If you have configured multiple packaging types, you can choose a different packaging type here. You can also change the number, dimensions and weight. This can affect your transport costs. A shipping label is printed per package. Caution: Transsmart configures the packaging type table. This may differ per carrier.
- Add Package | If you have multiple packages of different sizes, you can use this button to add the package. A shipping label is printed per package.
If all the conditions with which a shipment must be sent are correct, you can send the shipment to Transsmart.
- Transsmart: Book Shipment (s) | The shipment is made in Magento and booked with the carrier. A label is also created in the background. You can print this later.
- Transsmart: Book & Print You can also choose to do this in a single action. The function ensures that the shipment is created, the shipment is booked directly at the carrier and you print out the labels immediately.
Edit a shipment
It is possible to edit the shipment if the label has not yet been printed. This may be because Transsmart has indicated an error because information is missing or, for example, that you want to add more information to the shipment yourself.
Go to Sales > Shipments and open the relevant shipment. You will see the following at the top left:
It’s only possible to edit the shipment in the MyTranssmart portal after the shipment is created. Click on the text 'MyTranssmart' and a new tab will open in your browser where the order is immediately visible in your Transsmart portal.
You can edit the desired data here and then click on Book & Print. The track-and-trace URL, status, service level, service level time and incoterms will be updated in Magento. This synchronization is once every 5 minutes. Other data such as address data are not synchronized with Magento. Shipments can be edited to the LABL status. If you would like to change the shipment afterwards, you will have to create a new shipment in Magento or book a shipment via https://my.transsmart.com/.
It is possible to deliver the order in parts if products are not yet available. Go to Sales > Orders and search for the shipment to which you want to apply a partial delivery.
Click Ship at the top right- hand corner and adjust the Shipping information if necessary. Under the Shipping information you will see 'Items to Ship'. In this tab you can specify that you want to send 1 product instead of 2. If you have edited the number of packages to be sent, check below Transsmart: Book Shipment (s) of Transsmart: Book & Print and click Submit shipment. The partial delivery has been created and you will see in the order that 1 of the 2 products has been shipped.
In Sales > Orders menu shows the Transsmart status edited to 'Partially Exported'. If the second product is ready for shipment you can repeat this action to send the other products and make a new shipment.
Caution! The shipping costs are only charged once to the consumer.
Ship multiple orders
If you want to edit and/or book multiple orders at the same time, you can choose to do this from the order overview: Sales > Orders. In the order overview, tick the orders on the left that you want to process. When the orders to be processed are selected, you can choose various action from the actions dropdown:
- Transsmart: Book | The shipments are created in Magento and are booked with the carrier(s). Labels are also created in the background. You can print them later.
- Transsmart: Book & Print | You can also choose to do this in a single action. This function ensures that the shipments are created, booked directly with the carrier and you immediately print out the labels.
- Transsmart: Print Labels | After the shipments have been booked, you can always print the labels again.
Caution! The orders are booked with the carrier profile that the customer has selected in the checkout. In addition, the shipments are automatically booked with the default cost centre, email type, incoterm and packaging. If you still want to change this, you can do so via Sales > Shipments for the shipment concerned and if the label is not printed yet.